Are you finally ready to declutter and bring some order into your house? It is common to feel guilty about just throwing “good money” away. Here are a couple of ways you can sell or share with others and get some of the funds back in your pocket.
- Have a sale. What you consider clutter might be treasure for someone else. Do you have coats, children’s clothes, dishes, cookware that you are not using? That can be turned into some fast cash. Talk to some of your neighbors and friends and have a combined sale.
- It can be done in a couple of ways. First is to gather your things together and have a combined sale at one house. It is fun to be able to talk and share stories. You can also commiserate over spending money on things that are still brand new and never used.
- Having a multiple location sale on the same street is effective also. Set the date and advertise locally to build interest. As people drive up, they can just park once and walk up and down the street and find some treasures they have been living without.
- Pricing so things will sell encourages shoppers to buy more!
- Another way is If you itemize deductions on your taxes, you may be able to realize some money back at tax time by donating to a registered charity and making the required documentation. I am not a tax professional, so check with one if you have questions. I take pictures of the donations, list them on a sheet of paper with condition and prices along with brief description and save the info for my accountant.
Getting ready to declutter is in the news… John Matarese has published an article
I found it interesting and helpful. You can click on the title and read what John had to say about getting cash from clutter.
As a professional organizer in the Dallas area, I see examples of loved but unused items on a daily basis. In fact, I have some of my own….so I will sign off and go toss some stuff myself. Here’s wishing you an ordered house with a cash back option!